Jewelry Sizing Guide
WORN BEST WITH...
|14 Inches||Choker||Tightly around the neck||Open-neck clothing such as scoop necks, V-necks, off-the-shoulder and boatnecks|
|16 Inches||Collar||Tightly around the base of the throat||Almost everything|
|18 Inches||Princess||On the collarbone||Almost everything|
|20 to 24 Inches||Matinee||between the collarbone and the bust||Great for both business and casual wear|
|28 to 36 Inches||Opera||On the bust or an inch or two below||High necklines and evening wear|
|36 to 42 Inches||Rope||Wrapped to sit on or below the center of the bust||
Elegant business and evening wear
|18 Inches||Base of neck on smaller men|
Collarbone; most common size
|22||A few inches below the collarbone; pendant can be added|
|24||Above the breastbone|
Factors to Consider When Choosing Your Necklace Chain Length
- The first step is it to learn where different necklace lengths fall on the body for either men or women. This will assist you in choosing which chain length you desire.
- The circumference of your neck and size of the pendant will impact how your necklace sits on its own and with other styles.
Choosing the Right Necklace Length for the Female Body
Whether you are trying to accessorize a more casual outfit with the perfect pop of color or add an elegant touch, choosing your necklace length is key. When selecting the correct chain length for your necklace it is important to consider such features as your neck, your height, your body type and your face shape. The following guide should help make choosing easier.
Before purchasing a necklace, take time to measure your neck. The easiest way to measure your neck is to use a measuring tape and wrap it closely around your neck. Add two inches to that measurement and that’s should be a comfortable length for chokers which are usually sized at 14-16 inches. Add four inches to that length and that’s a great length for a pendant, which is usually attached to an 18-inch chain.
Height is another factor to consider when choosing the perfect necklace length. Women below 5’4” look best in 16 to 20 inch necklace lengths. A long necklace tends to overwhelm a smaller frame. Women who fall between the height of 5’4” to 5’7” can wear necklace of any length. Taller women who are 5’7” or above can wear any length necklace. Longer chain style necklaces look best on taller women as they accentuate a tall frame.
Aside from being an accessory, necklaces help frame your face and can help you accentuate your strongest facial features.
- Women with round faces may want to avoid short necklaces or chokers because they can accentuate the roundness of the face.
- Those with oval shaped faces can take advantage of any necklace length.
- For those with a long-shape face who may want to broaden and soften the shape of their faces, should wear shorter necklaces. Short, round necklaces will keep from adding the appearance of length to the face. Look for choker and princess necklaces, measuring between 16” – 18”.
- Heart shaped faces look great with chokers or any short necklace as they create an illusion of fullness and balance out a narrow chin.
Regardless of body shape and face shape, choosing the correct necklace length is also a personal preference and style choice! Choose what makes you feel amazing!
Melanie Golden Jewelry strives to offer as many ring sizes as possible to accommodate anyone! We currently offer USA sizes 3-12 on most rings, and can offer other sizes upon request. We use extremely accurate sizing methods to get you the best possible fit.
All rings are listed in standard USA ring sizes. USA ring sizes are different from the ring sizes of other countries. If you know your ring size in your country, there are nifty ring size conversion charts online! Just search “Ring size Conversion Chart”.
If you don’t know your ring size, there are a few options to help you out.
- Melanie Golden Jewelry now offers reusable ring sizers HERE for purchase.
- Melanie Golden Jewelry also offers a print-at-home digital download ring sizer HERE.
- Another option to find your ring size is by visiting a local jeweler so that they can measure you.
Melanie Golden Jewelry strives to offer as many bracelet sizes as possible to accommodate anyone, and can offer other sizes upon request. We use extremely accurate sizing methods to get you the best possible fit.
If you don’t know your bracelet size, there are a few options to help you out.
- Melanie Golden Jewelry now offers a print-at-home digital download bracelet size guide HERE.
- Another option to find your size is by visiting a local jeweler so that they can measure you.
- A third option is to measure your wrist.
Measuring your wrist
- Use a tape measure, or if you do not have one, use a strip of paper, ribbon or cord. Wrap it around your wrist where you would normally wear the bracelet.
- If you are using a strip of paper, ribbon or cord, mark the end of the strip and then measure the length against a ruler. This is your wrist size.
- You should be able to fit two fingers comfortably between the bracelet and your wrist. Depending on your personal preference whether you like a snug fit, comfort fit or a loose fit, you may need to move up or down a size accordingly to suit your preference.
How to measure for the desired bangle size
Our bangle size chart shows the total bangle circumference measured in inches. To get the correct bangle size, it is important to measure your hand circumference.
Measuring your Hand
- To measure the handcircumfrence, position it as though putting on a bangle, with the thumb and fingertips together in a pinch.
- Wrap a measuring tape or string around the knuckles including the thumb knuckle.
- The measurement where the tape measure overlaps is your bangle size.
- If using string, mark the spot where the string meets on your hand and then measure the length against a ruler.
- Use the chart below to find your bangle size by matching your measurement against "Wrist Circumference".
|Bangle Size (US)||Wrist Circumference||Wrist Diameter|