I handmade this beautiful natural Rainbow Moonstone gemstone ring from solid Sterling Silver. The gemstone has been surrounded by a double bead border and two recycled fine silver granules. This ring looks great stacked with some of my stacking rings (See last photo as example)!
Rainbow Moonstone is a variety of Labradorite, a member of the feldspar group, and features an iridescent sheen called “labradorescence.” This means that the stone displays colors that change depending on the angle and source of the light striking the stone surface. In Rainbow Moonstone, this characteristic is due to light reflecting from twinning planes within the stone. Ancient Romans believed moonstone to be rays of moonlight transformed into a solid form.
PRODUCT DETAILS AND MEASUREMENTS
- 100% Handmade in the USA.
- Ready to ship.
- Ring is size 8.
- Ring band width measures about 2.5mm.
- Gemstone measures 8mm x 10mm.
- Entire ring face measures 15mm x 18mm.
- Ring is entirely handmade from solid Sterling Silver and a natural Rainbow Moonstone gemstone.